Monday, February 23, 2009

Another day another ?


I feel as if I am stuck in this monotonous routine. The world around me is generic and like groundhog day every weekday and I crave the weekend. I’ve notched up some absolutely brilliant weekends lately and I think I may be suffering from social comedown.

Each and every weekday morning starts at 5:30am, I get up, let the dog out. I trudge begrudgingly to the shower and try and slap myself awake with the beginning cold streams of the shower. I primp and preen in front of the mirror the same old freckle spattered face and try and make myself look at least a little awake and reign in my hair so I am “corporate” enough for the day. Corporate is not my thing. I long for the weekends of fun indie alternative clothing that actually lets me reveal some personality.

I walk out the door at 6:45am but what realistically is 7am every day. I drive up the same hill every morning and pass the same bleary eyed drivers in their standard issue cars driving in the opposite direction. I wonder if they stare at me and imagine that the grass is greener on my side of life for I imagine it is on theirs. Surely they must be going somewhere far more exciting than to work? I keep driving and then there’s that corner… I round it and the traffic streams into the distance…

I love my job but loath the routine around it.

I do try and spice up the weeknights. I was out after work every night last week with friends, belly laughers and beaus but even the once exciting prospect of fresh romance seems ordinary. Possibly I am just tired? Or maybe I have lost the spice in my life this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment