Monday, March 2, 2009

Don't walk, skip on the inside.


Ever feel like you’re skimming through the world? Does that make sense?
Sometimes, like today when the sun is so bright and the sky is so blue I take a walk in my lunch break.
Today I headed towards Hyde Park in the middle of the city. It was such a brilliant day outside. The grass is so green and the trees were cupping the sunshine in their branches and swaying slowly and almost melodiously.
On days like today when I wander through the world listening to great tunes (while trying not to walk in time to the music like a geek) and smiling on the inside I just feel like I’m skimming along. Like a tiny smooth and happy pebble skimming along the top of the water, taking it in and just so happy that for these few moments in my day I get to smile and feel as if my heart is bursting. Cheesy right? But, I just think that you have to stop sometimes and appreciate what’s around you because there’s a whole lot of shit things going on too that usually get your attention and there are loads of mean suckers waiting to burst your bubble.
Not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment